Torqeedo appoints Stefan Gerhard as Communications Director
The leading manufacturer of electric boat motors has created a new key management position: As Director Communications, Stefan Gerhard is responsible for Torqeedo’s brand and corporate communications across all media and channels.
Gerhard is an experienced communications professional with significant experience in the marine industry. Serving as editor-in-chief of “Bootshandel Magazin”, over 17 years Gerhard built one of the most successful boating magazines in Germany. In 2014, he founded and currently chairs the international Best of Boats Award.
Prior to his time at Bootshandel-Magazin, he was in charge of communications for the Berlin boat show and active as a freelance writer for various magazines. Stefan studied Journalism, Theatre and Politics in Frankfurt and Berlin and holds a Master of Arts degree from Berlin University.
Photo: Stefan Gerhard
About Torqeedo GmbH
- World leader in electric boat drive systems
- Translates uncompromising high-tech approaches into outstanding products (integrated lithium batteries, ultralight designs, leading-edge electronics etc.)
- Best overall efficiency on the market – unique performance and range are the features of all Torqeedo outboards
- Wide range of products (various drive systems from 1 to 80 HP, innovative accessories such as solar charging equipment, high-performance lithium batteries, smartphone app)
- Successful company, founded in Starnberg in 2005
- Winner of multiple national and international innovation and environmental awards such as the Red Herring Europe Top 100 (2010), in addition to many prestigious awards in the marine industry such as the DAME Award (2012) and NMMA Award (2010 and 2013)
- On a daily basis Torqeedo's fascinating products are finding an ever-growing following around the world and are currently available in over 40 countries
Friedrichshafener Str. 4a