- Improved robustness and improved corrosion protection
- 4,000 W input power, in terms of propulsion is comparable with an 8-hp petrol outboard
- Maximum efficiency outboard
- With tiller control
- Integrated on-board computer with GPS-based range calculation
- 25 mm2 cable set (3m) including fuse and main switch
- Emergency magnetic stop key
- Battery cable bridge for lead batteries
- Fuse and main switch
- Item number: 1236-00 | EAN: 4260113693278
- Equipment included: Tiller with integrated information display, magnetic kill switch, 25 mm2 battery cable with main switch (3m), spare fuse, connection cables for lead-acid batteries, standard prop v20/p4000 and sacrificial anode (Al)
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Products for Cruise 4.0 T
Cruise 4.0 T
The new models of the Cruise 4.0 have been improved to meet the demanding challenges of everyday commercial use; making them ready to take on the harshest environmental conditions, for example with dinghies and sailboats up to 4 tons.
This makes the Cruise even more rugged in the event that it runs aground and even better protected against corrosion when used extensively in salt water.
The Cruise 4.0 is comparable to an 8 HP petrol outboard and can be easily mounted on your boat with a couple of tools, regardless of whether the remote or tiller version.
A power supply from at least two lithium batteries (Power 24-3500) or with lead batteries (lead-gel or AGM) must be provided for operation.
Cruise 4.0 T - Benefits:
- High-efficiency outboard with 4,000 W input power, equivalent to an 8 HP petrol outboard.
- We recommend the Cruise 4.0 for dinghies and sailboats up to to 4 tons.
- This model is equipped with tiller control.
- Rugged aluminium pylon with reinforced fin – extra robust even when running aground.
- Shaft sealant rings mounted in protected area on the inside of the pylons
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminium (AlMgSi1), hard-anodized for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Lubricant-free polymer plain bearings protect against damage from fishing lines or debris and provide improved mechanical support for propeller shaft – wear-resistant and maintenance-free.
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties.
- Aluminium fin coated in polyurethane foam provides additional protection from impact when running aground.
- Everything is waterproof to IP67.
The on-board computer display provides information on the most important performance dataAvailable with short or long shaft – as you need.Impact-resistant aluminium fin coated in polyurethane foamRugged: aluminium housing with shaft sealant rings on the insideOptimised propeller design: For greater thrust or more speed
Cruise 4.0 with 1 x Power 48-5000
Speed in knots (km/h)* Range in nm (km)* Running time in hh:mm Slow 2.7 (5,0) 27,0 (50,0) 10:00 Full throttle 7,0 (13,0) 9,0 (16,0) 01:15
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Cruise
Cruise 4.0 T Input power in watts 4000 Propulsive power in watts 2240 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 8 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 9.9 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 56 Static thrust in lbs* 189 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 48 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 18.3 (S) / 19.4 (L) Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm 62.5 (S) / 75.5 (L) Standard propeller
v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts
v20/p4000 Alternative propeller options v30/p4000, v8/p350 Propeller Guide Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1300 Control Tiller Steering 360° lockable Tilting device Manual with grounding protection Tilt angle 61,3° Trim device Manual, 4-step Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
Cruise R/T Operating InstructionsCruise R/T Operating Instructions – German / English
Cruise R/T Operating Instructions – French / Dutch
Cruise R/T Operating Instructions – Italian / Spanish / Portuguese
Cruise R/T Operating Instructions – Swedish / Finnish
Spare Propeller Operating Instructions
Tiller Extension CruiseTiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – German
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – English
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – French
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – Dutch
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – Italian
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – Spanish
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – Swedish
Tiller Extension Cruise T Operating Instructions – Finnish
Cruise 2.0 with Tiller Operating InstructionsCruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – German
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – English
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – French
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – Dutch
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – Italian
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – Spanish
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – Swedish
Cruise 2.0 Operating Instructions – Finnish
Declaration of Conformity
Your information material – Everything at a glance.
You will find all important information about the Cruise in our digital brochure. Download the PDF quickly and easily or read it conveniently online while protecting the environment.
Cruise 4.0 T FAQ
Which Cruise for which boat?
All Cruise models are suitable for inflatables and other small boats.
For dinghies and sailboats up to 3 tons, we recommend the Cruise 2.0. The Cruise 4.0 easily propels up to 4 tons.
Is the on-board computer compatible with my lead batteries?
Yes, but with limitations.
If the Cruise is operated with lead batteries the charge status indicator (and with it the remaining range indicator) is based on estimates derived from battery information entered during initial motor setup.
What are the advantages of the Power 48-5000 lithium battery for the Cruise?
As a lithium battery, the Power 48-5000 provides far greater performance with lower weight than conventional lead batteries. In other words, it does not weigh down your boat unnecessarily – and you benefit in terms of range and power.
Additionally, the integrated battery electronics of the Power 48-5000 are designed to communicate with the on-board computer, meaning that the values provided by the battery such as remaining range and capacity are always exact.
What does the on-board computer do?
The on-board computer, which is integrated in the remote throttle with the Cruise R and in the tiller with the Cruise T, analyses information from the motor and combines it with GPS data.
Motor consumption and GPS speed are always exact.
When the Cruise is operated with the Power 48-5000, the information on the battery and on range with remaining capacity is also exact because both products communicate with each other. That is very convenient.
What requirements must my boat meet for twin motors – the Twin Cruise?
A Twin Cruise outboard system consists of two Cruise models (2.0 R or 4.0 R) and the Twin Cruise extension set, which contains a dual throttle and tie bar
The tie bar is used to connect the two Cruise outboards to the same steering mechanism.
The standard Twin Cruise mounting assumes a transom width of at least 76 cm
What is the warranty on the Cruise?
The Cruise models have 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.