Warranty and Limitations
Torqeedo Inc., 171 Erick Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014, USA extends a warranty to the final purchaser of a Torqeedo outboard motor (“Product”) on the terms below.
Torqeedo warrants that the Product will be free from defects in workmanship and material under normal usage and proper installation and maintenance for a period of twenty-four (24) months from date of delivery. Any warranty claim must be made within six (6) months of discovery of the non-conformity as provided below. Normal wear and tear and routine servicing are excluded from the warranty.
Torqeedo will repair or replace the Product in its sole discretion. No distributor or dealer that repairs Torqeedo Products has authority to make legally binding statements on behalf of Torqeedo.
Torqeedo is entitled to refuse a warranty claim if:
- The warranty was not correctly submitted (in particular, failure to contact a Torqeedo Service Center before sending back Product, or failure to present a completely filled-in warranty certificate and proof of purchase);
- The Product has been used improperly;
- The safety, operating and care instructions in the manual were not observed;
- The Product was in any way altered or modified or parts and accessories were added that are not expressly permitted or recommended by Torqeedo; or
- Previous services or repairs were not carried out by firms authorized by Torqeedo or non-original parts were used.
As well as the rights arising from this warranty, the purchaser may have warranty claim rights arising from the purchase contract with the dealer who sold the Product in addition to the rights in this warranty.
THESE WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Warranty Claim Process
Purchaser must follow the warranty claim process to make a warranty claim. If Purchaser does not submit the claim properly, the warranty is void. Purchaser must take the following steps:
- Contact a Torqeedo Service Center by phone, email or mail. You can find a list of our Service Centers on our website under the service center section.
- To submit a warranty claim and to process a warranty, we require a completed warranty certificate as well as proof of purchase.
- The warranty certificate can be found in the instruction manual. It must include Purchaser’s contact details, product details, serial number, and a brief description of the problem.
- Proof of purchase must indicate the Product purchased and the date of purchase (e.g. transaction receipt).
- For returning the motor to the Service Center, we recommend keeping the original Torqeedo packaging. If this is no longer available, packaging that protects against transport damage must be used. The warranty excludes any damage caused during transport.
- NOTE: If the shipment includes a LIMA battery:
A LIMA battery is classed as a UN9 hazardous item. If the Product includes a LIMA battery (either by itself or with the motor), posting and packaging must be in accordance with the relevant safety guidelines.