For commercial operators and green boaters

Deep Blue 50i 1400

For commercial operators and green boaters

Power
25 kW
50 kW

Product description

• Inboard system with power electronics and 1200 rpm for displacement sailing
  • A synthesis of performance and a perfectly integrated overall system with a ground-breaking safety concept that sets Deep Blue apart from all other electric drive systems on the market
  • All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely waterproof
  • We provide up to 9-year warranty on the Deep Blue's battery capacity with private use
  • Electric boat propulsion is not only powerful and safe, it is also a genuine commercial alternative for heavy users
  • Special group tariff from Pantaenius Yacht Insurance with improved insurance protection and lower premiums compared with the normal tariff for boats with other high-voltage drives
  • Transparent maintenance overhead - an electric drive system requires far less maintenance than comparable drive systems using fossil fuel

Ordering information

• Item number: 3302-00  | EAN: 4260113693445
  • Equipment included: Inboard drive system (total scope depending on the project)
  • Warranty: 2 years on the system; up to 9-year warranty on the battery - with private use
  • We currently deliver to the following countries

• California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning

• Deep Blue i 1200 rpm

Torqeedo Deep Blue i 1400 inboard motor Torqeedo Deep Blue i 1400 inboard motor

It is not just power and performance that make Deep Blue the first of its kind. It is unparalleled performance combined with full system integration and groundbreaking safety levels that set Deep Blue apart from all other electric propulsion systems on the market.

All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely waterproof. State-of-the art monitoring technology with pilot lines and insulation monitors safeguard the high-voltage system against the risk of short circuits. The same high-performance lithium batteries used to power cars also power Deep Blue – after we developed them further for use in boats. These and many more safety and performance features make Deep Blue a unique high-voltage propulsion system for electric boats.

And if that's not enough – we provide up to 9-year warranty on the Deep Blue's battery capacity with private use. Electric boat propulsion is not only powerful and safe, it is also a genuine commercial alternative for heavy users in particular. Switch to full electric power!

Deep Blue i 1200 rpm – Benefits:

• Deep Blue: the first high-power propulsion system in serial production - a fully integrated system in which all components are designed to match each other seamlessly and to work together perfectly on the water
    • An overall concept that is unique in terms of safety, performance and range
    • The Deep Blue i 1200 rpm will take you powerfully and safely across the water
    • Available as 25 kW (40 HP equivalent) or 50 kW (80 HP equivalent) depending on requirements
    • Battery life traceability: Battery ageing is transparent and can be tracked by the user in the on-board computer at any time
    Torqeedo Deep Blue i 1800 inboard motor

Charger: Advanced engineering from the automotive industry. Waterproof to IP67. The charging rate can be controlled via the display. Each system can support multiple chargers for faster charging when required
    Electronic throttle: Clean, slick design, with key switch, emergency-stop and neutral lock for safe operation. Power-trim-and-tilt for outboard operation
    Deep Blue information system on high resolution marine display: Touchscreen, waterproof, good sunlight readability. Clean, clearly arranged display of system information
    BMW i battery: Latest battery generation from BMW i3 series. Very high energy density, durable, robust, highest level of quality and safety
    System Management Unit
    High-power electric motor
    12 V battery: Activates the high-capacity battery at each start-up. Supplies 12 V for the onboard network and is automatically charged from the 360 V battery. No additional 12 V charger required

• Range

Deep Blue 50i with 1 x 40 kWh battery

Speed in knots (km/h)* Range in km (nm)* Running time in hh:mm
    Slow 4,0 (7.5) 31-102 (58-189) 07:45 - 25:30
    Full throttle 19-29 (36-54) 16-24 (29-43) 00:50

* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.

Information on range and speed

For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.

And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.

The Torqeedo Deep Blue's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display.

• Specifications

Technical Data Deep Blue

Deep Blue system Deep Blue 25i 2000 / 1200 rpm Deep Blue 50i 2000 / 1200 rpm
      40 HP 80 HP
    Input power (peak) in kW 63.4 66.0
    Input power (continuous) in kW 27.6 55.1
    Propulsive power in kW > 16.2 > 32.4
    Comparable petrol outboard (shaft power) 40 HP 80 HP
    Maximum overall efficiency in % > 54 > 54
    Motor weight without battery, including electronics in kg 80 80
    Shaft length / shaft diameter options 30, 35, 40mm | 11/8,11/4'' 30, 35, 40mm | 11/8,11/4''
    Maximum propeller speed in rpm 2000 / 1200 2000 / 1200
    Integrated on-board computer with touchscreen display yes yes
    Liquid Cooling Sea Water, 7 l/min, max. 32°C Sea Water, 7 l/min, max. 32°C
    "
      Deep Blue Battery 40 Deep Blue Battery 80
    Nominal voltage 352 V 348 V
    Max. continuous performance 55 kW 79 kW
    Capacity (usable) 38 kWh 77.6 kWh
    Weight 284 kg 562 kg
    Dimensions 1666 x 993 x 173 mm 1800 x 853 x 236 mm

* preliminary data

Technical Drawing

• Tips

Deep Blue i 1200 FAQ

• What versions are available?

Outboard: outboard with remote steering and throttle, available with 25 kW or 50 kW, various shaft lengths. Models: Deep Blue 25 RL / RXL and Deep Blue 50 RL / RXL.

Outboard with tiller: outboard with tiller for steering and throttle, available with 25 kW or 50 kW, various shaft lengths. Models: Deep Blue 25 TL / TXL and Deep Blue 50 TL / TXL.

Inboard: inboard with drive shaft, available with 25 kW or 50 kW, various motor speeds. Models: Deep Blue 25 i 1200 / 2000 and Deep Blue 50 i 1200 / 2000.

Sail Drive: sail drive with remote throttle, available with 25 kW. Models: Deep Blue 25 SD.

• What maintenance is involved?

Transparent maintenance overhead.

An electric drive system requires far less maintenance than comparable drive systems using fossil fuel

Are you interested in drive systems?

If we have awakened your interest in our products we would be pleased to send you more detailed information. Simply enter your details in the contact form below and we will get in touch with shortly.

* Required information