- High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position)
- 9.9 HP equivalent
- Onboard computer and display with GPS-calculated range and runtime
- TorqLink data interface - enables fast data exchange between TorqLink components without gateway
- Item number: 1269-00 | EAN: 4260113696804
- Throttle not included – best paired with TorqLink throttle with colour display
- Equipment included: Pod motor (fixed position), 35 mm2 cable set (4.4 m) including main switch and propeller B 12 x 13 THR
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Products for Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink
Cruise fixed pod motors are the electric motors of choice for sailboats. All Cruise pods have a built-in GPS with an onboard computer and display with speed and input power, state of charge and remaining range, with a compact, low-drag, and lightweight pylon due to advanced helical gear design. Cruise 6.0 is a 48-Volt, 9.9 horsepower-equivalent pod drive perfect for sailboats up to 6 tons.
The Cruise 6.0 FP ships with Torqeedo’s advanced communication system, TorqLink, which allows faster and more accurate data sharing between system components. Pair with your choice of TorqLink throttle (1976-00) or (1949-00) throttle side sail (sold separately). Motor with the fixed propeller (standard) or choose the optional folding propeller (1988-00).
Cruise 6.0 FP Benefits:
- High-efficiency pod drive with 6,000 W input power, equivalent to a 9.9 HP petrol saildrive
- Pair with Power 48-5000 for best performance and accurate range/runtime functionality
- Hydrogeneration mode: charge your batteries while sailing using the fixed standard propeller or optional folding propeller (1988-00)
- Smaller and lighter than combustion saildrives
- Your choice of TorqLink throttles: TorqLink throttle with color display (1976-00) or throttle sail side mounting (1949-00) recommended
- Minimal impact on sailing speed
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties - ships with anode set for fresh and saltwater
- Also compatible with third-party batteries (48-Volt) but careful matching to motor power requirements is needed and additional cable set part number 1990-00 is required
made from highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum
Waterproof to IPx9K outside the hull when completely assembled
design protects against damage from debris – wear-resistant and maintenance-free
for greater performance and range
TorqLink is Torqeedo’s advanced electronics communication system developed for Deep Blue and now available for select Cruise motors, throttles and Power 48-5000 batteries. All products marked TorqLink will communicate seamlessly at startup. A TorqLink Gateway (2217-00) allows you to include components without TorqLink in your system.
Cruise 2.0 FP with 1 × Power 24-3500
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 3.1 (3.6) 21.7 (24.9) Full throttle 6.8 (7.8) 10.3 (11.8)
Cruise 6.0 FP with 1 × Power 48-5000
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 4.2 (4.8) 27.1 (31.1) Full throttle 7.7 (8.9) 7.3 (8.4)
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Cruise FP
Cruise 6.0 FP Input power in watts 6,000 Propulsive power in watts 2,760 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 9.9 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 15 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 58 Static thrust in lbs* 230 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 48 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 14.7 Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm - Standard propeller
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
Propeller B 12 x 13 THR Alternative propeller options Propeller B13 x 11 FLD Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,130 Control Remote throttle TorqLink Yes Steering - Tilting device - Trim device - Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
DownloadsOperating Instructions Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink - German / English
Operating Instructions Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink - Danish / Dutch
Operating Instructions Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink - Spanish / Portuguese
Operating Instructions Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink - French / Italian
Operating Instructions Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink - Swedish / Norwegian / Finnish
Declaration of Conformity
Your information material – Everything at a glance
You will find all important information about the Cruise pod drives in our digital brochure. Download the PDF quickly and easily or read it conveniently online while protecting the environment.
Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink FAQs
Which Cruise for which boat?
For sailboats up to 3 tons, we recommend the Cruise 3.0. The Cruise 6.0 easily propels up to 6 tons. The Cruise 12.0 is suitable for motorboats and sailboats with a weight of up to 10 metric tons.
Is the on-board computer compatible with my lead batteries?
Yes, but with limitations.
If the Cruise is operated with lead batteries the charge status indicator (and with it the remaining range indicator) is based on estimates derived from battery information entered during initial motor setup.
What are the advantages of the Power 48-5000 lithium battery for the Cruise?
What are the advantages of the Power 48-5000 lithium battery for the Cruise? As a lithium battery, the Power 48-5000 provides far greater performance with lower weight than conventional lead batteries. In other words, it does not weigh down your boat unnecessarily – and you benefit in terms of range and power. Additionally, the integrated battery electronics of the Power 48-5000 are designed to communicate with the on-board computer, meaning that the values provided by the battery such as remaining range and capacity are always exact.
What is the warranty on the Cruise?
The Cruise models have 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.