- Electric outboard - part of a complete system with modular design for leisure boats and commercial use
- 80 hp equivalent
- A synthesis of performance and a perfectly integrated overall system with a ground-breaking safety concept that sets Deep Blue apart from all other electric drive systems on the market
- All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely watertight
- We provide a 9-year warranty on the Deep Blue's battery capacity (for recreational use or maximum 2.500 charging cycles)
- Electric boat propulsion is not only powerful and safe, it is also a genuine commercial alternative for heavy users
- Special tariff from Pantaenius Yacht Insurance with improved insurance protection and lower premiums compared with the normal tariff for boats with other high-voltage drives
- Transparent maintenance overhead An electric drive system requires far less maintenance than comparable drive systems using fossil fuel
- Shaft length: 51 cm (short shaft) / 63.5 cm (long shaft)
- Item number: 3202-00 | EAN: 4260113693360
- Equipment included: Outboard drive system (61.8 kW peak output, 80-hp equivalent) consisting of a complete outboard, connection box, charger, remote throttle, on-board computer with display, cables, long-shaft or short-shaft version (high-voltage battery not included)
- Warranty: 2 years on the system for non-commercial use; 9-year warranty (for recreational use or maximum 2.500 charging cycles) on the battery bank. After 9 years of use, the batteries will still have 80% of original capacity.
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Deep Blue 50 R
It is not just power and performance that make Deep Blue the first of its kind. It is unparalleled performance combined with full system integration and groundbreaking safety levels that set Deep Blue apart from all other electric propulsion systems on the market.
All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely waterproof. State-of-the art monitoring technology with pilot lines and insulation monitors safeguard the high-voltage system against the risk of short circuits. The same high-performance lithium batteries used to power cars also power Deep Blue – after we developed them further for use in boats. These and many more safety and performance features make Deep Blue a unique high-voltage propulsion system for electric boats.
We provide a 9-year warranty on Deep Blue's battery capacity.
Deep Blue 50 R - Benefits:
- Deep Blue: the first high-power propulsion system in serial production. A fully integrated system in which all components are designed to match each other seamlessly and to work together perfectly on the water An overall concept that is unique in terms of safety, performance and range
9-year warranty on battery bank
A reliable battery lifespan is key for electric boating economics. That is why Deep Blue comes with a long-term battery capacity warranty: 9 years after commissioning, the batteries will still have 80 % of their original capacity, even if you use them every day.* Battery ageing is transparent and can be tracked by the user in the on-board computer at any time
* Adherence to warranty conditions required. See Deep Blue battery capacity warranty at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Low-maintenance system: switching makes sense from as little as EUR 4,500 in annual fuel costs – contact us for more information
On-board computer with touchscreenElectronic remote throttle with key switch and emergency magnetic stopDrive connection boxHigh-voltage electric motorHigh-capacity lithium battery systemCharger12 V battery
Deep Blue 50 R with a 40 kWh Battery
Speed in knots (km/h)* Range in nm (km)* Running time in h* Slow (2 kW – 6 kW) 5.0 (9.3) 33 - 100 (61 - 185) 6.7 - 20 Full throttle (50 kW) 20 - 25 (37 - 46) 16 - 20 (30 - 37) 0.8
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Deep Blue's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Deep Blue
Deep Blue System Deep Blue 50 RL / RXL Input power continuous (peak) 54.5 kW (61.8 kW) Mech. Output power at shaft continuous (peak) 48.5 kW (55 kW) Nominal voltage 350V Min. voltage for full performance 330V Contiuous torque / max. torque 190 Nm / 215 Nm Max. shaft rpm 2440 1/min Maximum efficiency el. input to mech. output 89% Comparable petrol outboards (shaft power) 80 HP Maximum overall efficiency 54 % Motor weight including electronics and cabling L: 139 kg
XL: 146 kg
Dimension L/W/H 868 x 394 x 1,535 mm Shaft length L: 20” / 51 cm
XL: 25“ / 63.5 cm
Standard propeller Standard high speed propeller:
Diameter 12,5” /Pitch 15,8” / 5 Blade
Propeller Mounting Gearcase: 4 ¼ “
Shaft: 13 teeth
Max. allowed ambient temperature 45°C Max. drive temperature controller / motor 90°C / 130°C Cooling Direct sea water Max. inlet temperature 35°C Protection Category IP 67 Conformity IEC 60034-1
Tilting and trim device Electric tilt and trim Scope of supply Outboard motor
Standard high speed propeller
Electric tilt and trim
BMW i3 battery Nominal voltage 352.3 V Max. continuous performance 55 kW Capacity 42.2 kWh Weight 284 kg Dimensions 1666 x 993 x 173 mm
* preliminary data
Deep Blue 50 R FAQ
What versions are available?
Outboard: Outboard with remote steering and throttle, available as 40- or 80-HP equivalents, various shaft lengths. Models: Deep Blue 25 RL / RXL and Deep Blue 50 RL / RXL.
Outboard with tiller: Outboard with tiller for steering and throttle, available as 40- or 80-HP equivalents, various shaft lengths. Models: Deep Blue 25 TL/TXL and Deep Blue 50 TL/TXL.
Inboard: Inboard with drive shaft, available as 40- or 80-HP equivalents, various motor speeds. Models: Deep Blue 25 i 1400 / 1800 and Deep Blue 50 i 1400 / 1800.
Sail Drive: sail drive with remote throttle, available as 40 HP equivalent. Models: Deep Blue 40 SD.
When is it worth switching to the Deep Blue?
Switching could make sense for you from as little as EUR 4,600 in annual fuel costs.
Are your fuel costs higher than EUR 4,600 per year? If they are, it might be worth switching to the Deep Blue today. The Deep Blue will in any case protect you from the expected increases in fuel prices. And you will be setting an example for economic reason while showing respect for nature and demonstrating how we can retain mobility in increasingly difficult ecological conditions – more quietly, more cleanly and with greater environmental awareness.
What maintenance is involved?
Transparent maintenance overhead
An electric drive system requires far less maintenance than comparable drive systems using fossil fuel
What's the warranty?
The Deep Blue has a 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.
Your information material – Everything at a glance.
You will find all important information about the Deep Blue for motorboats in our digital brochure. Download the PDF quickly and easily or read it conveniently online while protecting the environment.