Torqeedo is, by far, the market leader in the fast growing electric outboard motor industry. As the pioneer in the area of high-tech electromobility on water, we’ve set many new standards with our motors in comparison to all other solutions on the market since we are found in 2005.
We are committed to superior technology and revolutionary benefits and every product that Torqeedo brings to market meets these two criteria.
Currently, Torqeedo offers 14 outboards from 1 to 80 hp together with a great deal of functional and innovative accessories, such as solar charging technology and high performance lithium batteries.
All of our outboards offer record levels of overall efficiency – the most important indicator for an electric outboard motor because it indicates the performance and range for a given battery capacity. Along with this, our performance in relation to motor weight is just as unique as it is excellent.
Torqeedo currently has locations in 6 countries (Germany, USA, France, UK, Spain, Brazil).
Our products inspire a worldwide fan base, that is growing every day, and is already present in over 40 countries – and the demand is growing.
- Nr. 1 for clean outboards: worldwide market leader in electric outboards.
- Pioneer in e-mobility on water.
- Uncompromising high-tech approach to providing superior products (integrated lithium batteries, ultra-light designs, advanced electronics, etc.)
- Best overall efficiency on the market – unique performance and range are characteristics of all Torqeedo outboards.
- Broad product range (varied outboards from 1 to 80 hp, innovative accessories such as solar powered chargers, high-powered lithium batteries.)
- Young, successful company, founded in 2005 in Starnberg, Germany.
- Multiple awards including national and international innovation awards, Deutscher Gründerpreis 2008 (German Startup awards), Red Herring Europe Top 100, 2010, DAME Award (2012) and NMMA Award (2010 und 2013). In addition, countless renowned awards in the boating industry.
- Torqeedo products are currently available in over 40 countries and inspire a fanbase that is growing daily around the world.
The brains behind the brand: currently a 40 person international team in mechanical design, electronic design, software programming, procurement, marketing, controlling, sales, service and management who are doing everything to ensure that the Starnberg company remains on its successful course.
Along with his degree in Business Studies from the University of Bamberg, Managing Director Dr. Christoph Ballin brings experience and expertise from his time as a project manager at McKinsey & Company and as Managing Director of Gardena Deutschland GmbH. He is the founding member and – a deciding factor in the creation of Torqeedo – a boat owner. With the regulation of petrol outboards on Lake Starnberg his boat needed an electric motor. But in 2005, the motors in no way reflected the state of technology. Not being able to accept this, out of necessity, he simply formed a company: Torqeedo. His goal to develop modern and high performance electric outboards was achieved from the first generation of engines onwards.
Now, nine years later, Torqeedo is the number one in clean outboards. As the market leader for electric boat motors worldwide, the Starnberg engine manufacturer has now made an international name for itself.