- Inboard system with power electronics and 2500 rpm for displacement sailing
- This new addition to the Deep Blue family delivers 100 kW of continuous, emission-free power, ultimate torque, low maintenance
- All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely waterproof
- Electric boat propulsion is not only powerful and safe, it is also a genuine commercial alternative for heavy users
- We provide a 9-year warranty on the Deep Blue's battery capacity
- Including on-board computer with 5.7" touchscreen display
- Transparent maintenance overhead An electric drive system requires far less maintenance than comparable drive systems using fossil fuel
- Item number: 000-01054
- Warranty: 2 years on the system for non-commercial use; 9-year warranty on the battery
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Deep Blue 100i 2500 rpm
This brand-new 100 kW motor was specifically constructed to power fast, planing motorboats. With a reliable, lowmaintenance, direct-drive design, the Deep Blue 100i delivers extraordinary performance, with up to 2,500 rotations per minute and a torque of 390 Nm.
It is not just power and performance that make Deep Blue the first of its kind. It is unparalleled performance combined with full system integration and groundbreaking safety levels that set Deep Blue apart from all other electric propulsion systems on the market.
All the components of the system are perfectly engineered to match each other and are completely waterproof. State-of-the art monitoring technology with pilot lines and insulation monitors safeguard the high-voltage system against the risk of short circuits. The same high-performance lithium batteries used to power cars also power Deep Blue – after we developed them further for use in boats. These and many more safety and performance features make Deep Blue a unique high-voltage propulsion system for electric boats.
And if that's not enough – we provide a 9-year warranty on the Deep Blue's battery capacity, that's right, 9 years. Electric boat propulsion is not only powerful and safe, it is also a genuine commercial alternative for heavy users in particular.
Deep Blue 100i 2500 rpm – Benefits:
- Deep Blue: the first high-power propulsion system in serial production. A fully integrated system in which all components are designed to match each other seamlessly and to work together perfectly on the water. An overall concept that is unique in terms of safety, performance and range.
- The Deep Blue 100i 2500 rpm is the "planer" at your side.
- 9-year warranty on battery bank:
a reliable battery lifespan is key for electric boating economics. That is why the Deep Blue battery comes with a long-term battery capacity warranty: 9 years after commissioning, the batteries will still have 80 % of their original capacity, even if you use them every day.* Battery ageing is transparent and can be tracked by the user in the on-board computer at any time.
* Adherence to warranty conditions required. See Deep Blue battery capacity warranty at www.torqeedo.com for more details.
Charger: Advanced engineering from the automotive industry. Waterproof to IP67. The charging rate can be controlled via the display. Each system can support multiple chargers for faster charging when required.Electronic throttle: clean, slick design, with key switch, emergency-stop and neutral lock for safe operation. Power-trim-and-tilt for outboard operation. (See page 60-61 for throttle options)Deep Blue information system on high resolution marine display: touchscreen, waterproof, good sunlight readability. Clean, clearly arranged display of system information.BMW i battery: latest battery generation from BMW i3 and BMW i8 series. Very high energy density, durable, robust, highest level of quality and safety.System Management Unit: Bundles all AC inputs and allows charging from onshore power (while at dock) or from a generator (while at sea). Waterproof to IP67, with integrated water sensor.High-power electric motor: Specially developed for the requirements of the Deep Blue system. Electronically commutated brushless motor with outstanding efficiency (max. 98%). Suitable for salt water cooling.12 V battery: activates the high-capacity battery at each start-up. Supplies 12 V for the onboard network and is automatically charged from the 360 V battery. No additional 12 V charger required.
Technical Data Deep Blue
Deep Blue system Deep Blue 100i 900 rpm Deep Blue 100i 2500 rpm Maximum propeller speed in rpm 900 2’500 Input power (peak) in kW - 110 Input power (continuous) in kW 100 100 Torque 1060 Nm 390 Nm Comparable petrol outboard (shaft power) 135 HP 135 HP Motor weight without battery, including electronics in kg 450 150 BMW i3 battery BMW i8 (2018) battery* Nominal voltage 360 V 355 V Max. continuous performance 55 kW 25 kW Capacity 30.5 kWh 9.1 kWh Weight 256 kg 98 kg Dimensions 1660 x 964 x 174 mm 1460 x 305 (240) x 330 mm
* preliminary data
Video Ultralight 403 C
Torqeedo Ultralight 403 CLearn about the benefits of our lightest motor, the Ultralight 403 C, for yourself.