- High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position)
- 6 HP equivalent
- Onboard computer and display with GPS-calculated range and runtime
- Item number: 1268-00 | EAN: 4260113696798
- Throttle not included - best to use with Remote throttle for Travel, Ultralight and Cruise
- Equipment included: High-efficiency pod motor (fixed), cable set (4.4 m, 35 mm²) including main switch and propeller B 12 x 10.5 WDR
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
The new Cruise pod motors with fixed pod installation now offer sailors and motor-boat enthusiasts pod drives with Torqeedo technology, and of course with a TorqTrac interface supplying all essential motor data.
Fitted inconspicuously below water, the pod drives save space and are both lightweight and powerful. The pod models deliver powerful thrust equivalent to 6 or 9.9 HP, and, with an optional folding propeller, are the long-awaited choice of motor for many sailboat owners.
Cruise 3.0 FP Benefits:
- Space-saving, powerful, lightweight
- Plenty of range due to highest efficiency
- Safe, thanks to emergency magnetic kill switch
- We recommend the Cruise 3.0 for sailboats up to to 3 tons
- Operates with lithium or AGM/lead-gel batteries
- All models with GPS on-board computer and display: Real-time display of speed and input power – and also the exact battery status and remaining range when used in combination with the Power 24-3500 lithium battery
- Very robust design – protected from corrosion, saltwater-capable, and completely waterproof (IPx9K outside the hull when completely assembled)
made from highest-grade seawater-proof aluminumWaterproof to IPx9K outside the hull when completely assembledExtra robust
design protects against damage from debris – wear-resistant and maintenance-freeMaximum efficiency
for greater performance and range
Technical Data Cruise FP
Cruise 3.0 FP Input power in watts 3,000 Propulsive power in watts 1,530 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 6 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 8 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 51 Static thrust in lbs* 142 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 24 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 12.8 Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm - Standard propeller
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
Propeller B 12 x 10,5 WDR Alternative propeller options Propeller B 12 x 7 FLD Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,100 Control Remote throttle TorqLink No Steering - Tilting device - Trim device - Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
Cruise 3.0 FP FAQs
Which Cruise for which boat?
For sailboats up to 3 tons, we recommend the Cruise 3.0. The Cruise 6.0 easily propels up to 6 tons. The Cruise 12.0 is suitable for motorboats and sailboats with a weight of up to 10 metric tons.
Is the on-board computer compatible with my lead batteries?
Yes, but with limitations.
If the Cruise is operated with lead batteries the charge status indicator (and with it the remaining range indicator) is based on estimates derived from battery information entered during initial motor setup.
What are the advantages of the Power 24-3500 lithium battery for the Cruise?
As a lithium battery, the Power 24-3500 provides far greater performance with lower weight than conventional lead batteries. In other words, it does not weigh down your boat unnecessarily – and you benefit in terms of range and power.
Additionally, the integrated battery electronics of the Power 24-3500 are designed to communicate with the on-board computer, meaning that the values provided by the battery such as remaining range and capacity are always exact.
What does the on-board computer do?
The on-board computer, which is integrated in the remote throttle with the Cruise R/FP and in the tiller with the Cruise T, analyses information from the motor and combines it with GPS data.
Motor consumption and GPS speed are always exact.
When the Cruise is operated with the Power 24-3500, the information on the battery and on range with remaining capacity is also exact because both products communicate with each other. That is very convenient.
What is the warranty on the Cruise?
The Cruise models have 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.