- High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position)
- 6 HP equivalent
- Onboard computer and display with GPS-calculated range and runtime
- Item number: 1268-00 | EAN: 4260113696798
- Throttle not included - best to use with Remote throttle for Travel, Ultralight and Cruise
- Equipment included: High-efficiency pod motor (fixed), cable set (4.4 m, 35 mm²) including main switch and propeller B 12 x 10.5 WDR
- Take a look at our Cruise Info Tool for helpful information
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Products for Cruise 3.0 FP
Cruise fixed pod motors are the electric motors of choice for sailboats. All Cruise pods have a built-in GPS with on-board computer and display with speed and input power, state of charge and remaining range, with a compact, low-drag, and lightweight pylon due to advanced helical gear design. Cruise 3.0 is a 24-Volt, six horsepower-equivalent pod drive perfect for sailboats up to 30 feet or displacement hulls up to 3 tons.
With a single Power 24-3500 lithium battery, this lightweight and budget-friendly e-drive gives you up to one hour of full-throttle runtime and runs all day at slower speeds. Need more range or speed? You can add up to 8 Power 24-3500 batteries for more energy storage. Choose from a standard top-mount throttle (1918-00) or (1949-00) throttle sail side mounting (sold separately). Motor with the fixed propeller (standard) or choose the optional folding propeller (1985-00).
Cruise 3.0 FP Benefits:
- High-efficiency pod drive with 3,000 W input power, equivalent to a 6 HP petrol saildrive
- Pair with Power 24-3500 for best performance and accurate range/runtime functionality
- Hydrogeneration mode: charge your batteries while sailing with standard fixed propeller or optional folding propeller (1985-00)
- Smaller and lighter than combustion saildrives
- Your choice of throttle: standard throttle (1918-00) or add a throttle sail side mounting (1949-00)
- Minimal impact on sailing speed
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties - ships with anode set for fresh and saltwater
- Also compatible with third-party batteries (24-volt) but careful matching to motor power requirements is needed
made from highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum
Waterproof to IPx9K outside the hull when completely assembled
design protects against damage from debris – wear-resistant and maintenance-free
for greater performance and range
Cruise 3.0 FP with 1 × Power 24-3500
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 3.1 (3.6) 21.7 (24.9) Full throttle 6.8 (7.8) 10.3 (11.8)
Cruise 6.0 FP with 1 × Power 48-5000
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 4.2 (4.8) 27.1 (31.1) Full throttle 7.7 (8.9) 7.3 (8.4)
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Cruise FP
Cruise 3.0 FP Input power in watts 3,000 Propulsive power in watts 1,530 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 6 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 8 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 51 Static thrust in lbs* 142 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 24 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 12.8 Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm - Standard propeller
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
Propeller B 12 x 10,5 WDR Alternative propeller options Propeller B 12 x 7 FLD Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,100 Control Remote throttle TorqLink No Steering - Tilting device - Trim device - Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
DownloadsOperating Instructions Cruise 3.0 FP - German / English
Operating Instructions Cruise 3.0 FP - Danish / Dutch
Operating Instructions Cruise 3.0 FP - Spanish / Portuguese
Operating Instructions Cruise 3.0 FP - French / Italian
Operating Instructions Cruise 3.0 FP - Swedish / Norwegian / Finnish
Declaration of Conformity
Your information material – Everything at a glance
You will find all important information about the Cruise pod drives in our digital brochure. Download the PDF quickly and easily or read it conveniently online while protecting the environment.
Cruise 3.0 FP FAQs
Which Cruise for which boat?
For sailboats up to 3 tons, we recommend the Cruise 3.0. The Cruise 6.0 easily propels up to 6 tons. The Cruise 12.0 is suitable for motorboats and sailboats with a weight of up to 10 metric tons.
Is the on-board computer compatible with my lead batteries?
Yes, but with limitations.
If the Cruise is operated with lead batteries the charge status indicator (and with it the remaining range indicator) is based on estimates derived from battery information entered during initial motor setup.
What are the advantages of the Power 24-3500 lithium battery for the Cruise?
As a lithium battery, the Power 24-3500 provides far greater performance with lower weight than conventional lead batteries. In other words, it does not weigh down your boat unnecessarily – and you benefit in terms of range and power.
Additionally, the integrated battery electronics of the Power 24-3500 are designed to communicate with the on-board computer, meaning that the values provided by the battery such as remaining range and capacity are always exact.
What does the on-board computer do?
The on-board computer, which is integrated in the remote throttle with the Cruise R/FP and in the tiller with the Cruise T, analyses information from the motor and combines it with GPS data.
Motor consumption and GPS speed are always exact.
When the Cruise is operated with the Power 24-3500, the information on the battery and on range with remaining capacity is also exact because both products communicate with each other. That is very convenient.
What is the warranty on the Cruise?
The Cruise models have 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.