- 12 kW continuous power - powerful propulsion like a 25 hp combustion engine
- TorqLink data interface - enables fast data exchange between TorqLink components without gateway
- Electric tilting device for comfortable operation
- Easy handling thanks to low-voltage design (48 volts)
- Very robust construction - corrosion-protected, seawater-proof and waterproof all around (IP67)
- Battery connection cable with water-protected battery pole terminals (IP 66) for connecting up to two Power 48-5000
- Variants: Short shaft S: 38.5cm shaft length, long shaft L 51.2cm shaft length, extra long shaft XL 63.9cm shaft length
- Weight (without cable & main switch): 59.8 kg (S), 61.3 kg (L), 62.5 kg (XL)
- To operate the Cruise 12.0 with more than two Power 48-5000 batteries, please contact your Torqeedo dealer
- Please note that the engine power is reduced to 6 kW when operating with only one Power 48-5000 battery
- Item number: 1282-00 | EAN: 4260113696620
- Throttle not included - best to use withTorqLink throttle with colour display
- Equipment included: Outboard with TorqLink data communication, connection to remote steering, cable set (4.5 m, 95 mm2) including main switch and v22/p10k propeller, TorqLink data cable 3 m, tilt switch
- Take a look at our Cruise Info Tool for helpful information
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
We currently deliver to the following countries
- California residents please click here for Prop 65 warning
Products for Cruise 12.0 RXL TorqLink
Cruise 12.0 R TorqLink
Cruise motors are the electric outboard motor of choice for motorboats, dinghies and commercial users. All Cruise systems have a built-in GPS with onboard computer and display with speed and input power, state of charge and remaining range, with a compact, low-drag, and lightweight pylon due to advanced helical gear design. Cruise 12.0 is a 48-Volt, 25 horsepower-equivalent outboard perfect for boats up to 10 tons. The Cruise 12.0 R ships with Torqeedo’s advanced communication system, TorqLink (see below for further information), which allows faster and more accurate data sharing between system components.
Cruise 12.0 R TorqLink - Benefits:
- High-efficiency outboard with 12,000 W input power, equivalent to a 25 HP petrol outboard
- Pair with two or more Power 48-5000 for best performance and accurate range/runtime functionality
- This model ships with remote steering link arm
- Your choice of TorqLink throttles (we recommend part number 1976-00 TorqLink throttle with colour display)
- Rugged aluminium pylon with integral fin – extra protection when running aground
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminium for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties - ships with anode set for fresh and saltwater
Connection for standard remote steering
Electric tilt for ease of operation
Available with short, long and extra long shaft
Extremely robust design, suitable also for commercial use
Optimised propeller design: for greater thrust or more speed
TorqLink is Torqeedo’s advanced electronics communication system developed for Deep Blue and now available for select Cruise motors, throttles and Power 48-5000 batteries. All products marked TorqLink will communicate seamlessly at startup. A TorqLink Gateway (2217-00) allows you to include components without TorqLink in your system.
Cruise 12.0 with 2 x Power 48-5000
As tested on My-RIB 420
Speed in km/h* Running time in hh:mm Slow 5.9 10:00 Half throttle 12.7 01:25 Full throttle 28.0 00:50
* Dependent on factors such as type of boat, load, propeller and ambient conditions. Figures for speed and range are indicative only and are not a guarantee of performance.
Technical Data Cruise 12.0 R TorqLink
Cruise 12.0 R TorqLink Input power in watts 12,000 Propulsive power in watts 6720 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 25 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 25 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 56 Static thrust in lbs* ≤ 405 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 48 Final charging voltage - Weight in kg (w/o cables & main switch) 59.8 (S), 61.3 (L), 62.5 (XL) Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm 38.5 (S) / 51.2 (L) / 63.9 (XL) Standard propeller
v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts
v22/p10k Alternative propeller options v32/p10k & v15/p10k Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,400 Control Remote throttle TorqLink Yes Steering Provision to connect to standard remote steering Tilting device Electrohydraulic tilt device with overload protection. Tilt angle +-45° Trim device Manual, 4-step Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes* Torqeedo static thrust measurement is based on internationally accepted ISO standards. Static thrust figures for conventional trolling motors are typically measured differently, which results in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust data with conventional trolling motors, add approximately 50% to the Torqeedo static thrust values.
Declaration of Conformity
DownloadsOperating Instructions Cruise 12.0 R - German / English
Operating Instructions Cruise 12.0 R - Danish / Dutch
Operating Instructions Cruise 12.0 R - Spanish / Portuguese
Operating Instructions Cruise 12.0 R - French / Italian
Operating Instructions Cruise 12.0 R - Swedish / Norwegian / Finnish
Declaration of Conformity
Your information material – Everything at a glance
You will find all important information about the Cruise in our digital brochure. Download the PDF quickly and easily or read it conveniently online while protecting the environment.
Cruise 12.0 R TorqLink FAQ
Which Cruise for which boat?
For dinghies and sailboats up to 3 tons, we recommend the Cruise 3.0. The Cruise 6.0 easily propels up to 6 tons. The Cruise 12.0 is suitable for motorboats and sailboats with a weight of up to 10 metric tons.
Is the on-board computer compatible with my lead batteries?
Yes, but with limitations.
If the Cruise is operated with lead batteries the charge status indicator (and with it the remaining range indicator) is based on estimates derived from battery information entered during initial motor setup.
What are the advantages of the Power 48-5000 lithium battery for the Cruise?
As a lithium battery, the Power 48-5000 provides far greater performance with lower weight than conventional lead batteries. In other words, it does not weigh down your boat unnecessarily – and you benefit in terms of range and power.
Additionally, the integrated battery electronics of the Power 48-5000 are designed to communicate with the on-board computer,
meaning that the values provided by the battery such as remaining range and capacity are always exact.
What does the on-board computer do?
The on-board computer, which is integrated in the remote throttle with the Cruise R and in the tiller with the Cruise T, analyses information from the motor and combines it with GPS data.
Motor consumption a and GPS speed are always exact.
When the Cruise is operated with the Power 48-5000, the information on the battery and on range with remaining capacity is also exact because both products communicate with each other. That is very convenient.
What is the warranty on the Cruise?
The Cruise models have 2-year warranty from the date of purchase for non-commercial use.